Here is my weekly round-up of news for the week 9 – 15 May.
The 1st Barton Guide Unit and the 7th Headington Brownies each received grants of £500 from the Red Nose Day Community Fund.
A public meeting to discuss traffic and other problems in Osler Road was held on Monday. Cllr. @RuthWilk reports.
Oxford City Council began the consultation process on the Barton West redevelopment. A new twitter account @BartonOxford has been set up to help communications. The Council’s Barton page is here and to comment you can sign in or register here.
@BrookesTV reported that the closed Londis on the Windmill Road junction is to become a KFC. He/she later admitted “I heard it from someone who works in another local business and they seemed pretty sure”. I think it might be a troll, though discussion on the H&M e-democracy forum seems to think it’s likely to be true. (See latest posts on the forum near the bottom of the linked page.)
Fusion Hairdressing (newbie @Fusionhairoxf) in Headington has opened its new nail bar doing manicures, pedicures, threading.
Active topics this week on Headington & Marston e-democracy forum:
- Rosemarys Restaurant
- Bus Users’ Forum 10th March
- Planning applications: new arrangements
- Brookes sells Cotuit Hall
- Reclaiming the Ring Road, Connecting communities
- Agenda for last-ever Area Committee meeting (Tuesday)
- Headley Way public conveniences
- Londis corner shop in receivership
- Friends Of Warneford Meadow AGM