Here’s my weekly round-up of local news for 24 – 30 June.
The BetFred bookmakers in Cinnaminta Road off The Slade was robbed on Friday evening. Two people have been arrested.
W H Smith is planning to trial franchising local newsagents to run under its own branding. One of the first is reported to be in Headington. I’m guessing Crown News.
The vicar of St Andrew’s Church, Old Headington, joined twitter. Welcome to @DarrenMcFarlan2.
Wecome also to a new hairdressing salon which has opened in Risinghurst. Good luck to @GracieJs1.
Oxford Brookes’ Chancellor Shami Chakrabarti officially opened the Abercrombie Extension on Wednesday.
A planning application (ref 13/01588/FUL) has been submitted to build three four-bedroomed houses on the Crown & Thistle car park.
Active topics on the Headington & Marston e-democracy forum this week:
- Interesting side effect of the road works at Wheatley
- Headington bike hire scheme
- Neighbourhood Plan for Marston?
- Crown and Thistle
- Supermarkets in Headington
- Barton Road Cricket Ground
- Disabled access to Headington Library
- Plans for resurfacing of London Road between Bury Knowle and Green Road roundabout