Here’s my weekly round-up of local news for 8 – 14 June.
Fire crews went to a fire at a flat in Coleman’s Hill, near the Green Rad roundabout, on Tuesday. A dropped cigarette is thought to have caused the fire. The resident was taken to hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.
The Marston Brook turned bright green on Thursday. It turned out that Thames Water had used a harmless dye to help trace the source of a blocked sewer. For those interested in sewer blockages, this one was caused by an accumulation of solidified fat and wet wipes.
The Mason’s Arms re-opened its main bar after refurbishment.
Happy scenes as the brilliant @TheMasonsArmsHQ pub reopens after its refurb. Ace beer too #OX3 pic.twitter.com/sS9ofqqOUd
— Graeme Wearden (@graemewearden) June 11, 2015
A rumour circulated that an unknown developer – possibly Keble Homes – might be interested in Blanchford’s site in Windmill Road. The company has denied any knowledge. See the e-democracy forum for the discussion.
My favourite Headington-related tweet of the week:
My school is so posh we have our own branded chocolates #marketersdream xx @ Headington School https://t.co/5agt0BBuSu
— Helen Rankov (@HelenRankovXch) June 13, 2015
Active posts on the Headington & Marston e-democracy forum this week:
- strange house of rubbish in Maston hidden away in trees
- Redeveloping Blanchfords site?
- Risinghurst Fete and Picnic 2015
- Ampleforth Arms
- Electronic issues in St Leonard’s Road Car Park
- High supply voltage and light bulb failures in Old Headington
- Drone over Headington
- Live in Oxford? Fill in our survey on online services (takes 10 minutes)
- Cafe Culture