The City’s Heritage Asset Register (HAR) covers those parts of the environment that we value for their historic, archaeological, artistic and architectural interest. Many locally valued assets are not listed buildings, conservation areas or scheduled ancient monuments. By keeping an HAR the Council can manage them through their planning policies.
The next tranche of nominations for the Oxford HAR has been published and will be open for public consultation from next week. Here are the places in OX3 that are being considered:
- 8th Oxford (Headington) Scout Hut, (formerly All Saints Mission Chapel)
- All Saints Church, Lime Walk
- Church of St Francis of Assisi, Hollow Way
- Cuckoo Lane
- Hillsboro, No. 14 Holyoake Road (Former home of C S Lewis and Mrs Moore)
- No. 18 Windsor Street and 6 Perrin Street (former New Headington Infant School)
- No. 85 (All Saints Vicarage), Old Road, South side
- South Park
- The Somerset Public House, Marston Road
- Warneford Meadow
You can find the complete list of nominations including links to the nomination forms, and a link to the Register as it currently stands on the Council website.
The Council says:
The online consultation will be available for comment from 29th January until 26th February via our website. Alternatively, if you wish to submit comments on a nomination in writing, please send it to Planning Policy, Oxford City Council, St Aldate’s Chambers, 109 St Aldate’s, Oxford, OX1 1DS by 1st March so that these can be presented to the Planning Committees. Hard copies of the nomination forms are available at the Customer Service Centre at the Oxford City Council Offices, St. Aldates.