Here’s my weekly round-up of local news for 16 – 22 January —
Sandhills Community Primary School was closed on Monday and Tuesday because they had no heating.
The new junction at All Saints’ Road/Lime Walk is proving unpopular.
The Oxford Book Fair (@OxfordBookFair) was held at @Oxford_Brookes‘ Gipsy Lane Campus on Saturday and Sunday.
It was announced that Dee Sinclair, City Councillor for Quarry & Risinghurst, to be Sheriff of Oxford from May.
The Russian Orthodox Church of St Nicholas the Wonderworker in New Marston celebrated the baptism of Christ with a blessing of the waters at Parson’s Pleasure on the Cherwell on Friday. Pictures.
Two Headington-related tweets I liked this week. The first echoes a common theme:
Active topics on the Headington & Marston e-democracy forum this week:
- Lack of seating in Bury Knowle Park
- Shocking acknowledgement of the extent of the housing crisis in Oxford
- New Lime Walk and All Saints junction “improvements”
- Thornhill Park and Ride….again
- Cycling bottleneck through Headington, junction of London Road with Windmill Road
- Thornhill park and ride and morning rush hour queueing
- Royal Mail customer services