It’s the Oxford hustings for the PCC elections tomorrow. The meeting’s at 7.00pm in the Town Hall. Here’s the agenda, courtesy of Oxford City Council and the Oxford Safer Communities Partnership. The original is on this link.
Oxford Safer Communities Partnership
Police & Crime Commissioner for the Thames Valley
Hustings Event 7pm Monday 5th November 2012
- Assembly / submission of written questions.
- Welcome from Tim Sadler, Chair of the Oxford Safer Communities Partnership.
- Hand over to the Chair for the event, Professor Ian Loader, Department of Criminology, University of Oxford.
- 3 mins introduction for each of the candidates.
- who they are
- why they are standing
- what they want to achieve
- Time for debate: a selection of topics for debate gathered at the opening of the meeting selected at the discretion of the Chair. Contributions from candidates. Challenge and comment from the Chair and from the floor.
- Chair’s closing remarks.
Aylesbury hustings video
The hustings in Aylesbury were last Monday (29 October). There is an official video of the whole proceedings. I haven’t linked to it on this blog but I and others have tweeted the link over the past few days. The link’s broken now, and here’s the reason. Conservative candidate Anthony Stansfeld made an unsubstantiated allegation about Labour Councillor Jon Harvey accessing his (Stansfeld’s) bank account. Stansfeld has since apologised, but Harvey has got the Council to withdraw the video until the correction can be added to it in some way.