Either I’ve been asleep or it’s been rather quiet in Headington this week. Here’s my weekly round-up of local news for 14 – 20 April.
The three planning appeals on 29 Old High Street which were heard on 11 February were dismissed by the Planning Inspector. headington.org.uk has the full history. The Inspector’s full decision report is here (warning: it’s long and specialised).
Dates have been announced for this year’s Headington Festival @HeadingtonFest. It will spread over two days, Saturday 31 May and Sunday 1 June. On Saturday morning there will be a Food and Craft Fair in the Headington shopping area, plus music and street entertainers. A Fun Fair will be open in Bury Knowle Park during the afternoon. On Sunday, the usual host of stalls will be in the park along with a wide variety of entertainment.
My favourite Headington-related tweet of the week:
Active topics on the Headington & Marston e-democracy forum this week:
- So long and thanks for all the fish
- Key found in Trinity Road
- Northway consultation
- Ambulances and Saxon Way entrance to JR
- Barton / Northway bus link
- Post Here to be positive about Headington, Marston, Oxford, Oxfordshire and life in general
- Welcome Back Hotmail, MSN, Live, Outlook.com Forum Members – Digest Option, Etc