Your weekly round-up of local news for 11 – 17 April.
A rather quiet week this week, apart from a story that I suspect will become quite big ………
A major planning application came to light this week. It’s for 57 houses and apartments on two sites on the edge of Barton and Bayswater Farm in South Oxfordshire District. It involves demolishing two houses on Waynflete Road (in Oxford City) to provide access to one of the sites.
A young woman suffered an attempted sexual assault in Headington Hill Park early on Wednesday morning. Police are linking the assault with two other recent incidents, one on Old Road and one on Pullen’s Lane, and are apppealing for witnesses and information. On Sunday <a href=”http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14433029.Man_charged_after_woman_sexually_assaulted_in_park/”>a man was charged</a> with sexual assault in relation to the incident.
Active posts on the Headington & Marston e-democracy forum this week:
- Has anyone got the contact details of the free Headington Business Directory?
- Empty ground-floor premises in Headington centre
- Tower block refurbishment
- Tower Blocks
- AC Nielen [sic] building and A40 surveying work
- Proposed development of 52 homes on the other side of Barton